Well, it is official! The Keables are moving "far far away" (Grant's words). They are moving to Dunwoody. That is metro Atlanta and I believe it is still inside the Perimeter. But it is still far far away... I held on to a little hope that they would change their mind at the last minute. But no, they closed on their new house yesterday. Grant is losing a sister. He and Caroline have been together since they were 3 months old. Their birthdays are two weeks apart. When I have both of them with me, I am constantly asked if they are twins. Yep, they are as close to brother and sister as anyone.
It was like having extended family 7 blocks away. We were constantly taking turns picking up the kids because of something going on (late meetings, out of town, etc). I can't believe our network is disappearing on us! It is very tough working full time and keeping up. We come to rely on the Keables!
So I broke the news to Grant last week.
Me- "Grant, Caroline will be moving as far away as Aunt Rachael to a new house."
Grant- "Why?"
Me- "Because they found a house they like."
Grant (starting get whiney)- "Why?"
Me- "Caroline will not be going to your school anymore."
Grant- "I want to move too"
Me- "Mommy and Daddy are staying here at our house"
Grant (crying now)- "I stay with Mommy and Daddy and Caroline stay too!"
Me -"Caroline needs to stay with her mommy!" I left it at that and then tried to calm him down. We arrived at our destination.
Then yesterday while saying our prayers. Grant - "God Bless Caroline! Mommy, Caroline not like me anymore. She is moving. I won't be bad if she will stay." Daniel and I both heard this one. Grant, she is not leaving because of you.
Today on the way home. Grant - "Mommy, I won't fight with Caroline anymore. See, Caroline can stay!" Oh, how this tore me up. I can't believe he understands it. Most of the time, he doesn't mention it but then, he brings it up again.
No comments:
Post a Comment