Thursday, July 03, 2008

Allowance for a Three Year Old

When Grant turned 3, we started giving him an allowance. He basically got a quarter for the following task: putting up his clothes, helping out with whatever we asked him to do, putting his clothes on quickly (not slowly), and putting up his toys. We keep up with his quarters with a magnet board and on Saturday (payday), he gets paid. Usually he gets about 2-4 quarters a week. He is very proud of himself on payday. He also does a great job putting up his clothes. He takes them out off his bed and puts them in the right place. Not as neat as I would like but that is ok. He actually thinks that I don't fold well and he will unfold mine and roll it up. Some days I put the clothes on his bed but forget to tell him and the next time I notice, he has put them away. Wow!! I love it!

The problem with him now having "Money" is that he thinks he is loaded. He tells me sometimes that he wants to take me to the restaurant that we pass on the way home. "Grant that cost lots of money!" "Mommy, I have lots of money!" He thinks he can buy anything. A couple of months ago, his friend Caroline went on a Disney Cruise. Here is a video of him telling Daniel how he is going pay to go on a Disney Boat. Ignore my little nudist - he just got out of the shower.

No comments: