As most of you know, I was a freak about my grades through college. I would get physically sick with anything less than A. I know.....it really didn't matter once I started working.... but you couldn't have told me that at the time.
Today, I received an email from March of Dimes. The email let me know the grade our country received for premature births. Our great nation received a D. Ouch! Of course, this bothered me - I want an A - dang it! I, then, clicked on the website and found that Georgia received an F. What??? Actually, I am not surprised. When I went in the hospital for contracting, so many people had stories to tell me of their premature baby. It was overwhelming to think that prematurity has affected almost everyone I know. This problem is not getting better - it is getting worse.
Please take the time and read the Preemie Petition. If you agree, please sign the petition at the right of this page. Thank you! Thank you!
4 comments:
Clearly you figured out the Widget too :) Wisconsin is doing slightly better, a D! What was striking to me was that the not only did the nation get a D, but there was only one state in the country with a B and no A's at all. Sad, we all need to do more to make all babies safe and healthy!
Thanks for taking a lead on this!
Aiston was born a month early... very scary and we still have NO understanding of why.
I am so curious what grade my state (Massachusetts) received. Can you send me the link through iP?
Obviously PTL is sort of heavy on my mind right now! :(
Brandee,
Hi! I know that was very scary. I went through that with my sister. Her first baby was 1 month early and her second was 7 weeks early. It is very scary! I hope that your next pregnancy will be easy!
Post a Comment