3 Months ago I was this big!!! Here are pictures of me at the hospital right before I delivered. So here is the birth story that many people have asked me to tell.
I woke up at 12:05 am to go to the bathroom. On the way there I noticed that I was a leaking. Yep, my water broke. I wake up Daniel who informs me he has only been asleep for about 1o minutes and I wake up Grant who was super excited. I call Rachael and she tells me to get to the hospital and she will come to get Grant. I really wasn't sure if I should go yet because I wasn't having any contractions. On the way to the hospital, I started contracting hard.
We get there and I was checked and I was 5 cm dilated. Rachael shows up carrying her two kids (she didn't get them any shoes because she was planning on meeting Daniel outside with Grant). By the way, her kids are heavy!!! I had three very crazy and wired kids in the delivery room. It was very exciting. Then, she takes off with all the kids. I waited on my epidural which seemed like it took forever to get. I finally was able to get it (thank god - I was in a lot pain) and so the nurse decides to check me before she was going to let me rest. I was over 9 cm. She hasn't even called the doctor yet. She calls the doctor and then she leaves the room for a second and then, she comes back and checks me again. I was 10 cm and she told me to not push. She calls the doctor and finds out she is in the parking deck. Doctor runs in to the room and I start pushing. 10 minutes later Miles was born. I did have to have some oxygen during this time but I am not real clear on the details. Miles was born at 4:30 am weighing 7 lbs 11 oz.
I can't believe how fast time flies. I wish I could slow it down. Rachael had to get the boys down for the night and then get Reese up to go to school the next morning. I think she had a very trying day.
No comments:
Post a Comment