Thursday, September 15, 2011

Of Course

Tonight my big boy bit in to an apple and out popped a tooth.  His first tooth.  He nor I even knew he had any loose teeth.  Believe me, I try to see if they are loose all the time.

He was so excited.  He put it on a paper towel by his plate.  He goes outside to tell his dad.

I follow him out after I clean up.  We go back in to the kitchen.

Of course! Of course the paper towel with the tooth is gone.  My baby's first tooth and of course, I threw it away.  I wasn't paying attention and I was in a hurry as usual.

I grab the trash bag and pick through the top where there were a couple paper towels.  Nothing.  I can't find it anywhere.  He helps.

I start saying to myself, "so stupid..so stupid."  Grant says, "You are not stupid, throwing my tooth away was stupid."

"Maybe we can write the tooth fairy a note?" I plead.

"That would be like tricking her,"  Grant said.

I empty the entire trash in my sink and I start searching frantically.  Good thing I emptied the trash about an hour earlier.  Still, gross!

Meanwhile, little man (aka Miles) had opened up the pantry cabinet and had retrieved a pack of Club crackers.  He was squishing the crackers in to the floor and feeding Vienna as fast as he can.

Oh whatever... I didn't have any time to deal with that.

I did not find it in the trash.  I clean up the mess.

But, wait.  Grant finds his tooth under the fridge!  Yay!

I assure you I will not get the Mother of the Year award.






4 comments:

Heather said...

Priceless! I love this Heather! What a great memory to laugh about for years to come. I hope the tooth fairy is good to him! HR

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, he still scored a fiver from the fairy!

Shelly said...

That's a hilarious story! LOL!

Heather said...

Love your new header pic! WOW!