Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grant and school

Unrelated Photo -Grant in his huge cub scout uniform.


Today,  I was just tired.  I had plans..plans to sweep and mop the porch...plans to rake the front yard....plans to go and get my eyebrows done.....plans to cook dinner for the week....plans to sweep and mop the mud room....plans to go through the yard sale items I plan on donating to Grant's school.  I only swept the front porch....and cook split pea soup (w/cornbread). I am so tired and my foot is killing me.  I twisted it yesterday while running. I can barely walk on it today.

Instead, Grant and I built a village with legos.  All from scratch - all on our own. Then, Miles woke up from his nap.  So Grant and I played school.  Miles and I colored.  Grant was the teacher.  "Put up your workbooks!"  (that was our coloring books) - "I am going to read you a story.  I picked up this nice little book from the library.  Can anyone tell me what they think this book will be about?"  "Miles, now is not the time to play but the time to listen!" "Heather, you need to work it out with your friends on your own." (I had just complained that Miles was mean to me) "Oh my, I almost forgot lunchtime!"  (hehe..Grant tells me his teacher forgets a lot).  

I noticed that Grant would come and put his face about 3 inches from mine to talk to me as a teacher.  Wonder if his teacher does that to get his attention (he has a problem with pay attention) or does she do that with all of the kids?

All this time, I have been asking Grant to tell me what he has been doing at school and I get "nothing".  Well, in about 30 minutes of playing school with him, I have pretty good idea of what his teacher is like, and what his day is like, and how much trouble he probably gets in! 

1 comment:

Reba said...

ohh my gosh i laughed so hard at this! i'm glad he found it. that sounds so much like something i would do.

i wanted to tell you about grant's girlfriend...i apparently married a boy named matt on the playground at recess when i was in kindergarten!! maybe it's normal for little kids to pair off like that? (normal is a relative term, i guess!)