Friday, April 27, 2012

To Hell with It.

There I said it.. a cuss word in my blog. I didn't think I had it in me but I did.  I strive to perfection in so many ways.  These goal for perfection drives all those who love me CRAZY.

Things I do... I almost NEVER treat my family to fastfood or takeout. I feel almost every meal during the week must be made at home with no less than three vegetables with all kinds of different colors.  When Daniel cooks and I don't see enough sides, I cringe.  He usually cooks a meal that contains all the sides in the entree but  I still need three different colors on my plate or my childern's plate.  Now don't think that my meals are elaborate.  They are not.  I can cook a meal in 30 minutes or less with three sides.  I steam lots of veggies or serve them raw.  I can use a microwave better than most.  My bigger more complicated cooking happens on Sunday and there better be enough to last several days! I stir-fry with a vengeance... green beans...wax beans.. turnip greens.. Well you get the point.  I even have Trader Joe's Orange Chicken or their spinach Pizza once and while.. but I must add the three sides to that too.  Sometimes, it is just cut up fruit.  But I will say that my plate no matter how fast it took me to put it together, it always looks very colorful!

Would it hurt us to have Chinese takeout or fast food every once and a while??? I need to let this go! Heck, like I told my girlfriend recently, why can't I let us have cereal for breakfast?  Or why not a sandwich more often?  This summer I have plans... I plan on letting my children have sandwiches or takeout once a week so that we can go to the pool!  There I said it... to Hell with it! We might even have McDonald's! GASP!

Something else, laundry... when the laundry basket gets full, I start getting nervous.  Why??? We probably could go three weeks without doing laundry and still have enough to wear thanks to hand me downs. I need to let this go too.

I am going to figure out a way to have more fun and to have less stress.. my house may look dirty - I will do my best to get over it. I want more days in the park.  I want to stress less about not making it to bed by bedtime.  If my kids stay up to 9 one night, it won't kill them, right?

To hell with it!

A couple weeks ago, it was a nice day. I said "to hell with it." and I made sandwiches.  The boys and I walked over to the park for a picnic.
This kid LOVED the idea of a picnic!

Daniel, Mommy said to "hell with it" and decided to go to the park for a picnic? Can you come?
(he never heard me mutter that phrase fyi!)
He was there in a flash - straight from work. I think he enjoys when I say "to hell with it!"


A little bit of baseball after dinner?


This is the life isn't babe?  We don't have to have four course dinner every night.  We didn't get our required reading done that night... but it won't hurt every once and a while, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make the husband do the laundry!

Shelly said...

Awesome!!! To hell with it!

Heather said...

Daniel, I realize you do a LOT of laundry!

Heather said...

To Hell with it! Awesome!