Friday, August 17, 2012

I want my Chelly back!

Back in May/June, Shelly came by our house.  She was passing through after dropping Cole off in NOLA. Miles, as he was always, was very delighted to see her.

When she went to go, I said, "Miles, you better give Shelly a hug and kiss.  I am not sure when you will get to see her again." (I knew she was going to be moving back to Slidell soon and wasn't sure we would see her again)

Miles' lip started trembling. He started wailing...seriously.  "Noooooo.... I want my Chelly back!"

The adults (Daniel, Shelly and I) in the room were just shocked.  Daniel said, "Shelly is right here."

Miles refused to glance at her.  Shelly said, "I am here."

I said, "Miles give Shelly a hug."

He started crying pretty hard and seemed pretty irrational.  Poor Shelly.. she was about to cry too.  My throat was hurting. I might cry too.  He would not look at her and he would not go to her.  All he said was "I want my Chelly back."  This behavior probably lasted two minutes.. sure felt like forever. Daniel took Miles outside and calmed him down.  They came back in.

Shelly said, "Can I get a hug now?"  He went to her and laid his head down on her shoulder and sighed.  He just laid there.  He had his Chelly and he was tired.

He loves her!


We are not sure if he really understood what we were saying about her leaving Atlanta for good.  He sure seemed to know.  He has asked about her every time I go to use the phone. You talk to Chelly??

To be honest, I want my Chelly back too!  Now let me go and cry.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Dang it! Yall are gonna make me cry at work. We miss you guys!!!!