Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Up

Back in the spring, Daniel and Grant retreated to the woods... back pack style.  Miles and I are not ready for such adventures.  I decided to give Miles an adventure of his own.

We decided to go UP... literary.

I told Miles about it the night before.

"Miles would you like to ride a helicopter?"

"ES!"  he said.  He was very excited.  "Elicopter go UP!"  (Yes it does.. it sure does).

We arrived at the Aviation Wing - a division of the Marietta History Museum.  I see this museum a lot when I run. On this day, they were giving helicopter rides.  I have never ridden a helicopter. Miles has never ridden a helicopter. Actually, I really am not sure anyone in our family  has.

That day, we would make history.  Miles and I would be the first Atlantan Kuemmerles to take a helicopter ride.

After signing up for a ride, we looked around waiting our turn.

I showed him the airplane I helped test back in 2001 way before he was born

There's our ride

Miles, do you want to ride the helicopter now?



This helicopter thing.. it isn't as cool as he thought it would be.



When we are safely on the ground, he starts jumping up and down in the air.. "Miles ode elicopter, Miles ode elicopter.  Dant not ride elicopter.  Dant ride only airpane!"  He was very happy that he did it even if he did not like it.

He was proud that he rode the helicopter

No comments: