My 7 year old recently started back to school. OMGoodness! Did I say 7? No, he is not 7, he can't be. Yesterday, I was carrying him in my arms everywhere. Yeah, 7 he is. This year, I think it is going to be a good year. His teachers seem great. So far, he is having good behavior days. He is branching out. My sweet boy who is scared of failing. He decided to do music lessons. Twice a week, 3 hours+ a day, he will be at Little 5 Points CMC. He came in one day last week, "Mom, I have homework!!!" And you are excited because why??? He went straight in to the playroom and proceeded to practice the guitar. I was in awe. He is doing well academically and I am not sure why he is worried about failing in school but he does. His teacher last year said "Here is a box and most of us think here, Grant thinks outside of that box." He does. We are impressed with his language development. He knows words that I have to look up. His school has a great reading program. He has excelled in it. He doesn't know every word but he knows a lot of them. Now spelling, well Grant is a horrible speller. His school has theories and I am not sure I agree or disagree with them. Maybe he won't be a great speller (I am not). Maybe he will be a mathematician? His grandmother who is a mathematician thinks he might be just that.
His friend... Tyler.. they have much in common. They both lost one of their top tooth in the same week right before school. Then, a couple weeks later, Grant lost another tooth and then, the next day, another. Whew.. Toothless is his new nickname. Still cute (at least to me) all the same.
Show your teeth
Toothless Friends
First day of School
How does he eat?
Back to school.. Atlanta Neighborhood Charter School Style
No comments:
Post a Comment