Monday, September 03, 2012

Conversation with a mother - Be still my heart

So in an ideal world, working friends would meet at the coffee pot or water cooler and chat a bit.  Well, that is nice and everything but what if you are surrounded by men who are nothing like you, you find other ways of communicating. These men are great and everything... very nice.. In my workplace, women talk to each other by instant message.  We talk about kids, school, and in general working mother issues. But IM all of it.  Very sad, huh?  It works though.  

A month ago, I was talking to Heather R about my weekend.  I am copying the conversation here.  Now in IMing, grammer and spelling is not always considered.  Heather and I have different conversations at a time so it might be hard to follow.  

In this message, I am missing my babies and remember with fondness our walk to the ice cream store.

I woke up this morning to 4 babies of Miles and miles himself in my bed
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:07 PM]:
 and then he looks like two front teeth for a while (this is a conversation about Grant loosing his first big tooth)
 cause they are so dang big
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:07 PM]:
 yes
 seriously
 i just balled about it
 i really did cry (I was very upset about Grant growing up and I am missing it)
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:07 PM]:
 about his tooth?
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:07 PM]:
 YES!
 it is that darn movie (I was watching Tree of Life while running this week.. totally messed me up)
 got me all messed up
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:08 PM]:
 lol...sorry...I get it though...it's just your state of mind
 I didn't realize you were that nuts right now
 maybe I don't want to watch that movie
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:08 PM]:
 and yesterday
 aww yesterday
 we walked to the ice cream shop
 grant ran on ahead
 miles screaming "ate up dant.. ate for me!"
 Grant slows down and grabs Miles' hand
 be still my heart (oh gosh this still gets to me... the sweetness of it)
 they get to the one street that is really an alley road
 grant pushes miles back on the sidewalk way back and says stay here
 miles says ok
 he gets out in the street to look both ways
 he can't see past the bush
 "don't move Miles"
 "i tay here dant"
 he then waves Miles across the street
 be still my heart
 miles says "tank ou Dant"
 Grant says "no worries" (I asked Grant what he said later to make sure I wasn't making up the no worries.. he actually said "no problem")
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:11 PM]:
 Oh Goodness...now that is the sweetest thing ever
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:11 PM]:
 hold hands and keep marching
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:11 PM]:
 You know what?
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:11 PM]:
 now that i typed that i have to copy and send it home to put on blog
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:11 PM]:
 ha!!!
 I was just thinking that
 weird
 I tell you what Heather
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:12 PM]:
 have to ask grant if he said no worries or no problem
 we are lucky very lucky
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:12 PM]:
 I know
 sweet sweet
 You know what else I was thinking?
 If it wouldn't get us in trouble, I would be tempted to just post our conversations on a blog and let that be it
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:13 PM]:
 i will just copy it and send it home
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:13 PM]: (ADHD kicks in with us and we move on to a new subject)
 I mean, there's this Big Mama nd Boo Mama
 they literally record conversations they have together
 right?
 and post it on their blog
 about random stuff
 I've only listened to one
 they don't do it often...nothing that interesting really
 I just found it funny they did that
 two friends babling
 who cares?
 somebody I guess
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:15 PM]:
 hehe
 no one would be able to follow us! (were you able to follow this?? I wonder??? we are both all over the place)
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:15 PM]:
 good point
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:15 PM]:
 those crazy heathers having like 4 conversations in one!
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:15 PM]:
 well, we could call it crazy heathers and they can't complain
 cause that's what you should expect
 just a funny thought
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:16 PM]:
 those sweet boys
 i just want to hug them all the time
 i think i hug them too much though
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:16 PM]:
  I know
 no!!!!
 never too much
 that's bologna
 bolonee
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:18 PM]:
 the more love you show them, the more they will show others
‎‎Kuemmerle, Heather L‎‎ [12:19 PM]:
 grant is such a good brother
 miles not so much
‎‎Roland, Heather P‎‎ [12:21 PM]:
 he's still pretty young

A round and round they go!

2 comments:

Heather said...

No you didn't! LOL! I love it :-). Yes, this is what we do and I certainly don't know how I could make it through my days without our conversations sometimes. Love you, Heather

Dottie said...

omg Heather i am still crying that was the awesome. You are my Hero a wonderful Mother and Daughter. I love you so much Mom