Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bad Words

Tonight on the way home from school, Miles and I were having a conversation.  He was telling me all about his day and giving me tons of details.  This is totally different than Grant - my first born.  Grant does nothing everyday and he doesn't eat anything and he has a "fine" day everyday.

But Miles said something.  I asked him what he wanted for Christmas.  I got "diapers" from what he said.  "No! Not diapers!"
He said again, "Diapers!"
I said, "Do you want Diapers for your babies?"
He said, "No, I not want diapers. I want diapers."
I said, "you want paper?"
He said, "No, no, no, I bad words."  (I have bad words) He looked like he was going to cry.
I said, "Did you say you have bad words?"
He said, "Es!!! My words bad. Mommy not know."

OMG... this has been on my mind for a while. His speech is poor.  We have been referred to a doctor on several occasions. It is hard to find "sick time" to fit in these visits.  I am currently under the radar for missing too many days this year for family sickness. January is a new year. We will give him what he needs this Jan and then pray that we don't have too many sicknesses fall on our family this year.  Also, I will pray that school will have less early release days and there will be more camps to pick up all those days off that Grant gets.  Currently vacation balance is very low and sick leave balance is in the negative and we have to make it through the holidays.

But my baby said "I sad, I make bad words."

My working mom's guilt is layered on very thick right now.  I will help him learn good words, I promise.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

omg Heather tell that sweet baby that all is words are good but you will help him make them better. i am crying right now, he doesnt deserve to think his words are bad. Poor sweet miles i love that sweet smile and dont want him sad