Part 1. My Dream Vacation
Part 2. Denver, Graduation, and the Royal Gorge
Part 3. Great Sand Dunes and the Continental Divide
Part 4. The Green Table
The above map is not totally correct. When we left Mesa Verde, we went south-west to Four Corners. We had to go because it was so close even if it took us out of the way.
How many times can you say you stood in four states at once? Grant was totally grumpy at this point so he didn't participate. People were very creative in how they stood in four states. One couple played Twister.
After leaving Four Corners, we headed to Moab, Utah (Labeled E on the map). There, we stayed in our first private campground. It felt a little like a Trailer Park. We did get some swimming in before it got too cold.
This place was our first full hookup. I thought it would be very important to have full hookups but really it isn't. You just haul all of your our sh%t with you until you find a dumping station - happens to be one about everywhere. Who would have thought?
Grant was very excited to do this job. It is a Dirty Job but someone has to do it! He wanted to empty this for days. Really, it is hard to empty it unless you have a tank about 2/3 full so you just need to wait and carry all that crap to all the states. Ok about the smell.. I am sure you are wondering about that. There is absolutely no smell. That is some super duper chemicals!! Grant was just sure that something like a scene from the movie "RV" would happen. His little 8 year old mind couldn't wait to laugh at such silliness. Yuck. Just to clarify, we had NO problems with this.
That night we went out to eat since were in the big town of Moab and could walk to places. We settled in for an early night and watched a movie from our movie player. The next morning, we drove to Canyonlands.
You could have told me I was at the Grand Canyon and I would have believed you, at least until I saw the Grand Canyon.
So, I am not sure if I have told you about the passports the boys were carrying. I bought passports for the boys from the National Park Service. These passports had places for the boys to stamp a cancellation stamp. It was a lot of fun and they were excited to stamp at each visitor center. We also collected vintage stamps which would also fit in the book.
Canyonlands is huge. We could have spent a whole week there. We didn't have the time so we visited "Island in the Sky."
On the way back to ourtrailer park campsite, we found a sign off the road, "Dinosaur Tracks". We followed the sign to see genuine Dinosaur Tracks in the situ.
Miles fell asleep so we left him in the camper.
We can still see him from at the highest point on our hike! He is locked in and the temperature was cool.
We then stopped and looked atcave art Petroglyphs on the side of the road. I stared at it forever before I recognized what I was looking at.
The above map is not totally correct. When we left Mesa Verde, we went south-west to Four Corners. We had to go because it was so close even if it took us out of the way.
How many times can you say you stood in four states at once? Grant was totally grumpy at this point so he didn't participate. People were very creative in how they stood in four states. One couple played Twister.
After leaving Four Corners, we headed to Moab, Utah (Labeled E on the map). There, we stayed in our first private campground. It felt a little like a Trailer Park. We did get some swimming in before it got too cold.
This place was our first full hookup. I thought it would be very important to have full hookups but really it isn't. You just haul all of your our sh%t with you until you find a dumping station - happens to be one about everywhere. Who would have thought?
Grant was very excited to do this job. It is a Dirty Job but someone has to do it! He wanted to empty this for days. Really, it is hard to empty it unless you have a tank about 2/3 full so you just need to wait and carry all that crap to all the states. Ok about the smell.. I am sure you are wondering about that. There is absolutely no smell. That is some super duper chemicals!! Grant was just sure that something like a scene from the movie "RV" would happen. His little 8 year old mind couldn't wait to laugh at such silliness. Yuck. Just to clarify, we had NO problems with this.
That night we went out to eat since were in the big town of Moab and could walk to places. We settled in for an early night and watched a movie from our movie player. The next morning, we drove to Canyonlands.
You could have told me I was at the Grand Canyon and I would have believed you, at least until I saw the Grand Canyon.
So, I am not sure if I have told you about the passports the boys were carrying. I bought passports for the boys from the National Park Service. These passports had places for the boys to stamp a cancellation stamp. It was a lot of fun and they were excited to stamp at each visitor center. We also collected vintage stamps which would also fit in the book.
Canyonlands is huge. We could have spent a whole week there. We didn't have the time so we visited "Island in the Sky."
On the way back to our
Miles fell asleep so we left him in the camper.
We can still see him from at the highest point on our hike! He is locked in and the temperature was cool.
We then stopped and looked at
| Do you see it?
Let me zoom in closer for you.. See it?
So cool!!
The following picture is the view looking out from this over the river.
Next stop, Arches National Park.
|




No comments:
Post a Comment