Friday, October 27, 2006

Christmas Wish List

Some of you have been asking me what to get Grant for Christmas. Well, he would probably be happy with about anything. He is only had a toy or two since his birthday and he is getting bored of them. Thanks to cousins Reese and Ian, he does not need any clothes except maybe rain gear.

So here is a list of things I thought that he might would appreciate.

Puzzles - he only has two. He would probably love to do some other kind of puzzle.

Puppets - ok - Grant LOVES puppets!!! In fact, every morning when I go to check on him, he has taken off one of his socks and put it on his hand! He sleeps with it on his hand all night. I think his Papa (my DAD) really got him in to puppets the last time he saw him.

Tool bench - he really wants to play with his dad's tool box these days. Maybe if he had his own, he would show less interest.

Musical instruments - Grant loves music... In fact, I can't decide whether to get him a piano, a durable CD player, or a kitchen. Oh, he loves kitchen sets but I think Santa will probably bring him one for Christmas. So he will not be getting any music items from us. He loves his cousin Reese's piano. And when we are at the Vrazel's, he always finds his way to Uncle Mike's piano.

Elmo and Sesame Street - he loves Elmo and says his name quite often. So any Elmo toy would probably make him very happy.

Wooden train set - IKEA has a great wooden train set for about $9. He loves to play with Thomas the Tank Engine at the bookstore. He would probably enjoy the IKEA set just as much and it is so much cheaper.

Books - Grant is starting to get in to books, finally!! He loves books with silly rhyming (i.e. Mr. Brown Can Moo is his favorite!)

Rain Gear - he really needs a rain jacket, boots, and maybe a child-safe umbrella

Bath toys - this is really sad but he has been playing with the same bath toys since birth. My mother (MawMaw) gave Grant his only bath set when he was born. He is a little bored with it! Now, our bathtub is small so something small would be preferable. Also, maybe a toddler towel. We only got a small set of towels when Grant was born and he grew out of them by 6 months.

Silly hats or dress clothes- Grant loves to try on silly hats. He is really in to wearing his Halloween costume also.

Chalkboard (small) - Grant loves to play with the Vrazel kids' chalkboard. Don't ask me why. He has no desire to color or paint. He does like markers but only because he likes to take the lids on and off.

Really, he would probably be happy with anything. The last time I took him down the toy aisle, he was so excited to see all the toys. I haven't been down the toy aisle in quite some time. I will probably go soon as I start to do my shopping and then I will see so much that he would want. hehe! This year is going to be so fun with him. I am still looking for a kitchen. I figured I should able to find one in consignment. He does not need a tricycle. I just bought him one recently for about $19. I know I went against my principles and bought him something when it wasn't his birthday or Christmas. Kristi and Mike finished their patio and he and Caroline needed something to ride while outside. Grant is too big for some of his push toys.

Oh, I really have no idea what everyone else wants for Christmas. I been a little wrapped up in my little family this year. Please offer suggestions if you have any. Mom, that means you!!! Oh, do you think you will make it up here for Christmas? We can come down a weekend if you can't. I know Rachael will not be able to make it down so I was wondering if you will be coming up at some point. We would love to have you and JB! You are more than welcome to stay with us.

No comments: