Friday, November 16, 2007

Garlic

So after I picked up our vegetables (CSA) on Wednesday, Grant and I had a interesting conversation. It started when he was removing each vegetable from the bag and asking "Mommy, what this?"
Me - "Tomato, sweet potato, pepper, etc.."
When I told him "Garlic", the wheels starting turning.
Grant - "Garlic mommy?"
At this time, I went upstairs to change clothes. When I got back, Grant was searching like crazy through the kitchen utensil drawer.
Grant - "OH mannnn, OH mannnnn, I led (left) my garlic press at cool (school)."
Me (laughing) - "Grant you didn't. We brought it home."
Grant - "No mommy, it not here, I led it at cool."
Ok, for some background info.. In September, Grant's school had a show and tell and had to bring in a kitchen utensil. Grant brought in a garlic press. We did not leave the garlic press at school.
Me - "Grant here it is, It is in the dishwater!"
Grant - "Thank you mommy, I needed my garlic press!"
He then proceeds to try and put a whole garlic head in to the press.
Grant - "Mommy it too big - it dunnit fit."
Me - "Grant, lets get Daddy to show you how to use it later." I didn't want to deal with the mess.
Grant - "That ok" Which is his term to let me know he isn't going to have a fit..


I am so amazed that he remembered what a garlic press is. Maybe he is going to be a chef. I think his Aunt Rachael told Santa to bring him a kitchen for Christmas.

No comments: