I hate Mondays!!!!! I used to love my job... I tested airplanes! Who would not love breaking apart airplanes! Well these days, our labor cost are too much that we don't get to test airplanes. Instead, we design it so that other labs get to test them. Wow! My job used to be so much fun... design the test... work with procurement to get your materials bought... work with the shop to build the test... and then test it. I now sit in a cube and design test so that another lab can build them. This is not what I envisioned doing when I started my job. I also spend all my time in a dreaded cube farm. This is so impersonal.. Sometimes, I instant message or call someone instead of walking 5 or 6 cubes down. I know that I am a tech geek but I do have more personality than that. Daniel graduated to an office a couple years ago. He isn't farther up the chain than me but he works in a building with windows.. Windows??? What is that??? I can go all day without knowing the weather..
I am a mother who loves to be with her kid... I would love to stay at home with Grant without giving up everything including my time with my husband. To be able to stay at home, we would probably have to move outside the city and Daniel would spend hours in traffic. Who knows, one day, I might win the lottery (I guess it would require playing first).
Enjoy The Cube Farm Song!
“My Cubicle”
Lyrics by: Morning Sidekick
Performed by: Jym Britton
Parody on “You’re Beautiful” by James Blunt
My job is stupid my day’s a bore,
Inside this office from eight to four
Nothin’ ever happens my life is pretty bland,
Pretending that I’m working, pray I don’t get canned.
My Cubicle, My cubicle
It’s One of Sixty two
It’s my small space in a crowded place
Just a six-by-six foot booth
And I hate it that’s the truth
Well, I give a sigh as the boss walks by,
no one ever talks to me or looks me in the eye.
And I really should work but instead I just sit here and surf the Internet.
In My Cubicle, My cubicle
It doesn’t have a view.
It’s my small space in a crowded place
I sit in solitude.
And sometimes I sit here nude.
No comments:
Post a Comment