Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Birthday and Grant's Baptism...

So this day 29 years ago, I was born.. Oops, you caught me. This day 34 years ago, I was born.

I actually had a great birthday. A friend from work took me out to eat lunch. Another friend sent me a card in the mail. Another bought me jelly beans.

Then, I get Grant from school. Me - "Hey Grant! Today is my birthday!" Him - "No mommy, today is my birthday!" Me - "Actually, Grant today is my birthday and your birthday is in February." Grant - "Mommy, today is my birthday and you don't have birthdays!" Well, whatever, who can argue with a three year old. Daniel has been in Orlando all day so I won't see him until later.

After getting home, I go to meet Rachael, Reese, and Luke at TGIFridays between our houses. While making plans on my cell phone and driving the HOV, I take off on the wrong Interstate. I eventually make to the right one but it puts me behind about 15 minutes.

Rachael and Reese surprised me with cards. Reese's card had a whole dollar in it - his own money! He even wrote my name on the outside! I am going to think long and hard about where to spend my dollar since it was so special! Reese told me I would get two dollars next year. Reese also sung Happy Birthday to me since Grant refused. Remember today is not my birthday. Luke just smiled at me for my birthday present. Then, after dinner, Rachael and Reese surprised me with a cake. Not just any cake but carrot cake! Rachael remembered how much I dislike regular cake. I like carrot cake first and red velvet next. How she remembered that I have no idea! Rachael got a cute picture of the big boys (Grant and Reese) and I will try to post it later. Thank you Rachael, Reese, and Luke! You made an ordinary day, pretty darn special!

So also on this day three years ago, Grant was baptized. This was a special day for me! I owed so much to God after him giving me a healthy baby after months of worry!

No comments: