So time and time again, friends and teachers like to tell us that Grant has the knack. "Did you know that Grant takes things apart?" "Did you know that he likes to figure out how things work?" His last teacher went on to call him a "little engineer!" Most parents would be proud when they hear this. Are we? Hell, no.. You always want better for your children. I don't want Grant to be an engineer like his dad or me. We are pushing the arts! I mean come on, Daniel and I both work in an environment where people think that when you mention going to an art exhibit, people assume you are going to Star Trek Exhibit. Besides, I would love for him to enjoy college life (instead of studying his butt off all the time) and then, he can graduate and be the boss of the engineers.
Now if he wants to go to school and work his butt off to get paid less than his peers, and he wants to have friends that can not communicate with the rest of the world, and if he wants to go to a school and wonder where the women are, he needs to be an engineer! Whatever makes him happy! Poor kid - I really hope he doesn't have the knack!
No comments:
Post a Comment