Wednesday, September 16, 2009

All about Grant..

The focus lately has been on Miles but I take a minute to talk about Grant. Now that we have Miles, I swear Grant is big kid. He looks so big and he looks like he has tons of germs now that I have a newborn to worry about who seems so fresh and clean. But Grant loves his brother and he is worried that his mommy and daddy are not getting enough sleep. He says the funniest things too.

1. Grant to Daniel (just yesterday morning) - I have darkness in my head.
2. Grant will not call me Mom, mother, momma, mommy - just Heather... I remind him to call me mommy and he says ok Mother. I do not want to be called Heather or Mother by him.
3. Grant calls Daniel, Daniel. Daniel has no problem with that!
4. Grant to me every night - I am only in my room so if you need me to get up with the baby, come and get me.
5. Grant to Daniel last night - I hope you get some sleep tonight.
6. Grant to me occasionally - I hope you feel better. Me - I don't feel bad sweetie. Grant - I hope you get some sleep.
7. Grant's teacher said she wished she could clone Grant. Grant asked me what clone meant on the way home. I told him it is how science takes your DNA and makes another one exactly like you. Grant - That is ridiculous. Only God can make people.

He is such a sweetheart. He really wants to stay in my room one night and help me take care of the baby. I should let him and I swear he will be back in his room the next night!

2 comments:

Dottie said...

HEY AFTER SPENDING A LITTLE TIME WITH GRANT I CAN SAY THAT HE IS SO CUTE AND SMART AND IS FUNNY KID. DID YOU KNOW THAT OLD PEOPLE ARE PRONE TO MAKE MISTAKES???? jUST ASK HIM. HA!HA! lOVE MAW-MAW

Kristi Keable said...

Heather -
This cracked me up this morning! Grant is such a wonderful kid. We miss him and you guys so much and reading this makes that hit home! Caroline needs alot more of Grant in her life. They are so different, but she still adores him. I see you've gone back to work (responsibility sucks) and I can totally empathize - I hated it. It gets better once it becomes the norm, but hats off to you for taking advantage of every minute!