Monday, April 26, 2010

Why I Run

I run for me.. I run so that I relieve all the day's stresses that come with being a working mother. I run to get rid of the after-two baby body (remember how big I got with Miles?). I run so I can think (that's right... I don't listen to music-I do enough of that 9 hours a day at work) I daydream - when else would I get to do that?

I run for my husband. He sees how happy I am (even with working full time) when I exercise. I have energy to be a spouse to him...to talk to him about his day...to sit and watch a show with him without falling asleep. I think that by me running I make him happy. And I love the way he looks at me with all the new improvements.

I run for my kids. I run so I can be in a good mood and a better mother for them.. No worries mate...that is how I feel when I am running. I also have tons of energy to play tag or to army crawl on the floor. I run so that I will see them graduate, go to college, get married, have children. I run so that I am not tired in the evenings - the only time I get to be with my children.

Why not just exercise? I just don't have enough time.. This is the biggest bang for my buck(time). I miss my exercise classes but they weren't doing enough fast. I get 40 minutes.. I need to make those 40 minutes count! I will be picking up my weightlifting class though...I don't want to get too skinny!

What motivates you to exercise?

2 comments:

Dottie said...

you run because you come into this world in fast motion and haven't slowed down yet..Mom

Heather said...

Maybe that is part of it too... I sometimes still run to get somewhere..run in the office...run to the next building...I just want to already be there!