Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Escape Artist

So you know that sweet little boy that gets in to tons of trouble….I have another story about him. This story was just a couple days later after the previous story in the aforementioned post.



In New Orleans at the hotel, Grant and I left Miles in Daniel’s quite capable hands. We got up one morning early and met my dad across town (to get the cell phone that I had left in his hotel room the night before).



While we are gone, Miles decided he was going to get up. So Daniel gives him free roam around the room while he worked on lesson plans. Then Daniel realized that he didn’t hear Miles anymore.



What in the world was that sweet little boy doing?



He managed to open the door on the room and make a mad dash down the hall to the elevator.



So what does Daniel do?



He makes a mad dash down the hall on a Sunday morning with everyone in the hall going to check out.



No big deal you say..



Well, Daniel chased that beautiful little boy down the hall in his skivvies (that is Daniel.. not Miles.. Miles still wears diapers).



I get the whole story when I get back to the hotel and I find the sliding lock in place . Daniel had to use it to keep the escape artist in the room. I wish I could have seen that on video.. Even today, that makes me laugh!



DSC01178The boys and me at my cousin Jamie’s Wedding





On the way out of New Orleans, we stopped by Cafe Du Monde to have some beignets and coffee!



DSC01195



Then, we paid our respect to the mighty Mississippi River! By the way, this was the most perfect time I have been in NOLA. The weather was so comfortable!



DSC01200



DSC01197



Well the boys and I loved New Orleans but we were happy to be on the road to Dauphin Island where we stopped for a night to have crawfish with the rest of Mobile Kuemmerles minus Nan. Yum. Miles was not afraid of the water so I know I will not get to have a relaxing beach stay come summer!



DSC00475



Grant and Natalie did not want crawfish.



Natalie –“What are we going to eat?”



Grant –“We don’t need food or drink as long as we have the Lord!”



(Now I am little worried what Catholic Religion classes are teaching him. Lutherans believe you still have to eat and drink. Daniel assures me this isn’t normal Catholic teaching)… hehe.. just joking!



We ended up leaving my first born son with his Nan a whole week (spring break) in Mobile. I survived but I missed him and we didn’t do anything fun while he was gone.



DSC01211



DSC01218



Yeah, I am sticking to my story… we had no fun while Grant was gone. We were forced to try out the new kayak while he was gone and we did not enjoy it all.

No comments: