A couple weeks ago, I left Miles in Grant’s quite capable hands. “Watch him while I get our stuff packed to go to New Orleans.”
Grant says, “Ok mommy, got it.” But.. Grant was playing Wii… it is like heroin to him. Nonetheless, I left Mr. Wii Addict downstairs with Mr. Trouble.
What? you say. How could I ever call that sweet baby boy trouble? The little boy with rosy cheeks, blond hair, and blue gray eyes, is trouble??
Oh, don’t let that sweet little face fool you. This boy is up to no good. He has being bad down pat!
Well back to the story…. As I come downstairs, I notice that my living room floor is covered in white. The dogs are chomping away at this fluffy mess. There, there was Grant with the Wii controller in his hand. Oh, he was “watching” Miles, was he? I don’t even think Grant knew I was in the room? He definitely didn’t see the white Christmas that happened around him.
Oh, that sweet little baby boy of mine, that angel…. he looks up at me and smiles a sweet loving smile and he points… he points to the fluffy white stuff on the ground. He then points at himself. Look at what I did Mama! Aren’t you proud of me? Then, I see it, the spot in the couch that used to be a small hole. Now that hole is about 2 feet long and the couch seems smaller there… Click..the lights come on in my head.. That sweet little angel of mine with beautiful blue eyes and rosy cheeks… He ripped the couch further and removed the stuffing. “Oh no! Miles you didn’t!” And then with that, my little angel laid down on the floor to throw a tantrum. I know I hurt his feelings – he was so proud. I comforted him with kisses but now, I am not so sure. Did he manipulate me in not being mad?
Oh, the shame, I have no pictures. I am so embarrassed that my couch is in this condition!
2 comments:
So glad you shared this story! White Christmas! Ha! I know how it feels to be turned around when they get upset. I've been there!
Let's never let Oliver and Miles get together....I can't imagine the havoc they would wreak together!!
They sound VERY similar.
Hope you had a Happy Easter!
Post a Comment