I know that there are reports out there where babies have died in a sling. Sling manufactures have pulled their slings. I do think that if you take care you can safely wear your baby.
Miles was a real fussy baby. I had to walk miles with in those first months (he was appropriately named). My sister gave me her kangaroo carrier sling. It worked just perfect. He settled as soon as he would go in it. Even my husband used it – and it didn’t even fit him. It also allowed me to be hands free. Nice.
I am not a stroller mom (too bulky and takes up space) and since my both of my children have been about 50 percentile in weight, it works for us.
Once, I went to see my friend Dawn while Miles was still being “slung”. Dawn is physically challenged….she was born with disease that makes her muscles weak. When I showed up with my little bitty ole baby and the sling, I knew it was going to happen. She was going to safely get to hold Miles in her arms. And she did for a long time! Yay!
We went to Disney 5 months after Miles was born with the Vrazels. The Vrazels also had a 5 month old baby, Peter. We would take turns watching the babies. With a sling, you could put one child in a sling and hold the other. It worked! But I don’t envy those with twins.. Whew…. lots of work.
I still “sling” Miles. I wear him different these days. Sorry, I don’t have a picture. But these days, I wear him like I was holding him on my hip but my arms don’t get tired. I let the sling do the work. This worked great during cold soccer games when we LOVED to snuggle! I could see the envy in others eyes because I had a little heater (Miles)".
Hi Pappa.. I have more hair!
Very Tired Mommy
Dawn is a natural! Miles was so happy with her!
1 comment:
I love slings! They are awesome, all though i don't wear my kids anymore...hmmm maybe I need to again! haha
Post a Comment