Monday, August 29, 2011

Should I be Worried?

On Grant's first day of school, Daniel helped Grant find his place.  There was this sweet little girl who remembered Grant from Kindergarten even though they did not have the same teacher and she sat beside Grant.

"I know Grant from kindergarten and he is like a genius!  You ought to see what he made with Legos"  

Hmm.  Well, I didn't think much about it.  Fast forward to today.  I was leaving with Grant.  A sweet little girl looks at me and ask "are you Bella's mom?"  "No"  I replied, "I am Grant's Mom."  She says "Ohhhhh, I know Grant!"  

Grant moves in closer to me and she steps out of line and runs up to Grant to give him a hug - a big hug.  Hmmm... interesting.

On the way home, Grant and my conversation went like this.

I said, "Grant, is             your girlfriend."
He said, "No mommy, we are friends and she is a girl."
I said, "Ok, no big deal, you can be friends with a girl. That is great"
He said, "We broke up but now she is my girlfriend again but not like you think.  She is a girl and my friend.'
(Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat????)
I said, "Do you break up with your guy friends?"
He said, "No, we were not together, we are just friends."
I said, "But that makes ____ your girlfriend?"
He said, "NO! Mommy, (exaggerated voice) she is just my friend that is a girl and we are back together friends now."
I said, "I don't think I understand."
He sighs a long sigh, "It is complicated. End of discussion."

(WTH!)  Do you think she thinks Grant is her boyfriend and Grant has no idea....or is Grant hiding something from me?  I tend to lean toward Grant having no idea.  He can be pretty clueless sometimes.

1 comment:

Dottie said...

wow he is growing up to fast. but get use to the girls he is so handsome they will be all over that. i think he knows whats up and you do too. to cute at this age