Two weeks ago, I show up to Miles' school to pick him up. He is playing as usual and does not notice me. His teacher says, "Miles, mommy is here." He grunts and does his little dance he usually does when I get there.
But then he stops. Oh, yeah, forgot..need to milk my injury! He looks at me with the most pitiful face possible. Look mommy.... look at my face! With his lip pouting and down cast eyes, he points to his left eye. Mommy, my eye.... I hurt my eye. Oh, wait, where is that band aid? He reaches for his right eye. Here it is mommy and it hurts really bad....don't you feel sad for me.
Well I would have fallen for it if
1. He wasn't totally playing and laughing before he knew I was there and
2. He pointed to the correct eye.
For those who don't know, Miles does not talk much yet. All the italicized words are what I think he is saying with his grunts and actions.
And I plan to write about my Uncle Randy (who passed away last week) very soon but I am having a hard time collecting my thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment