Monday, December 17, 2012

Embarrassed

Last week, I went out to eat with my coworkers... H, R, and C.  Well, I offered my car.  I figured I could move the booster seat. Then, C (the smallest guy) and I could fit in the back seat with the car seat.  Well, I was practically sitting on top of him.  No worries, I did a quick measurement in my head.  The car seat is about as wide as my butt.  I moved over to it.  I sat there and decided to not loosen Miles' 5  point harness to gain a seat belt.  No worries.  I sat there in the car seat and did not think anything else about it.

C - "You don't get embarrassed easily, do you?"
Me - "Hmm" I tried to think about the last time I got embarrassed.  "I guess not, why?"
C- "A lot of people would be embarrassed sitting there in that carseat."
Me - "Ohhhhhhh.  Well no, I am not embarrassed."  Then, I started laughing.  Maybe I should be embarrassed?  Am I so far out of touch that I don't feel embarrassment?

The more I thought of it, the more I did get embarrassed.  I was not embarrassed because I looked like an idiot in a car seat.  I was embarrassed because I did not get embarrassed at what others would think was a fitting situation.


No comments: