I did my best not to influence him in any way with this project. I wanted it to be his. But then we got a note explaining that we needed to make sure they are writing in full sentences and with correct punctuation. I wasn't sure how far to take this. Did every picture slide need a full sentence? We ended up making him correct a lot of stuff. Heck, my blog is filled with incorrect grammar! I am not sure I would be able to help him with his mistakes! The slideshow below is not what made final cut but close enough to give you an idea of the work he did.
Then, he worked on a family timeline. I am not sure why he didn't state that Jeff and Doris divorced before Jeff and Becky got married. Nor did I understand why he didn't mention Doris and Joseph marrying since he is bringing up one step but hey, this was HIS project. I gave him his information and he put it together the best way it made sense to him.
Next, he worked on a family slideshow. This assignment took him the longest but really Picasa did all the work. All he had to do was look for family members and drag their photos in to new folder. This software totally amazes me and is free. After Grant created his new folder of family photos, he just clicked on a button that said "make a movie". It did and then he was able to create text to each slide. He picked out the music. He is a HUGE Cat Stevens fan.
His final contributions were artifacts from his family. The first was my grandfather Paseur's caliper. The second was something his Nan made about Dauphin Island - his favorite place on earth. He also took a coin that my grandmother gave him (not pictured).
The first part of the assignment was to turn in a recipe that means something to your family. I remember making these cookies when I was kid but never with my grandmother. That is OK. Grant got marked down on this anyway because he didn't say why the recipe means something to him. I am not sure any recipe means anything to him. We never make the same thing twice.
Next, he worked on his map. You can tell whose house he was just visited by the people he picked to locate on the map. Aunt Leah keeps making it in to his projects. She was in last year's project also.
Next, he worked on a family slideshow. This assignment took him the longest but really Picasa did all the work. All he had to do was look for family members and drag their photos in to new folder. This software totally amazes me and is free. After Grant created his new folder of family photos, he just clicked on a button that said "make a movie". It did and then he was able to create text to each slide. He picked out the music. He is a HUGE Cat Stevens fan.
![]() |
| PICASA! |
His final contributions were artifacts from his family. The first was my grandfather Paseur's caliper. The second was something his Nan made about Dauphin Island - his favorite place on earth. He also took a coin that my grandmother gave him (not pictured).






2 comments:
Very nice!
OMG he is so very smart and i love his taste in music. I love the slide show. Good job Grant yea You
Post a Comment