Sunday, February 17, 2013

No Pain, No Gain

This weekend, Miles and I came upon a Miles-Sized gym.  I was delighted. See, I love exercise and I was getting a little worried about Miles getting a little soft around his belly!

 First, I got him on the treadmill to get him warmed up.  Look at that form...

PATHETIC!

Pick your arms up buddy!  Run, Run, Run

He only had about 10 minutes in him. I am sure he didn't get a mile!


That is OK!  This is just the beginning.  We will get him doing 5Ks in no time.


Why are you smiling?  Exercise is not about smiling!!!

You better get comfortable with being uncomfortable buddy!

After a poor excuse of a 10 minute run, we moved on to the bike.
This kid is no Lance Armstrong - even with out doping drugs. I should leave it at that.  At least,  I wiped the smile off his face and he appears to get down to business.  I turned the tension as high as I could get it! "Faster Miles! I can't see you sweat!"  He could not hold up past 20 minutes at high tension here.  Yeah, I have my work cut out for me.
      JUST SAD!


I thought now was a good time to introduce weights.  He should have been warmed up even though I never saw him sweat.



I can't believe he is still smiling!!!  He can't even bench press his own weight! Goodness, I am now worried he is destined to live his life as a couch potato.  He barely managed two sets of 8 reps.  He will probably be sore tomorrow.  Pain is only weakness leaving the body and boy, this boy is weak!



He finished his workout on the elliptical.  I was not impressed.  He was only able to get in about 30 minutes. I was hoping he was just holding out on me.  No, this kid is soft.. very very soft.
NO PAIN! NO GAIN!

What did I expect, the kid showed up in jeans and flannel? 

"Miles, hit the deck and give me 20!!!!!"

No comments: