Sunday, May 19, 2013

40 Before 40

I hit 39 years this past month.  Wow!  Feels weird to be 39 years.  My mother was 39 years old when I was a freshman in college.  I am way too young to have a kid in college.  I am too young to have an 8 year old.  Well,  I feel pretty darn good.  I did find out I have a vitamin D deficiency but if you know anything about me, this would not surprise you.  Other than that, I am healthy.

The past couple years, I keep seeing friends going through some kind of a midlife crisis.  Their ages range from 35-50 years.  I don't really feel like a midlife crisis. Life is good and I have it all and would never want to mess that up.  How about a bucket list?  Yep, that is what I am going to do!  I have been working on my bucket list.  Some of these things will totally surprise you and you won't feel like they are a big deal.  For me, I am stepping out of my comfort zone!

Here is my 40 before 40 Bucket List:
1. Do 40 acts of random kindness
2. Sing a song at a karaoke bar - OMG this will keep me up for nights until I get it done.  I sing horribly so I feel for those patrons.
3. Learn 2 new ethnic dishes - any suggestions? Thai, Chinese, Korean, Japan are not allowed..something totally new
4. Take 5 dates with husband - I have been on three or four with Daniel since Grant was born (not including our trip away for our 10 year anniversary)
5. Ride a mechanical bull - I have had the option of doing this before but this is not the kind of thing I would like to do
6.  Surprise a stranger with a kiss to the cheek - this will make me red in the face for days!
7.  Give a William Edwards Emotional type of speech - again, I hate being in front of people
8.  Create a Will - I know I am horrible! 
9.  Learn a poem and recite at request
10. Learn to do a pull-up or maybe two
11. Learn to touch both toes while sitting down stretching - this will be a lot of work!
12.  Memorize a poem and recite at request
13.  Donate blood once 
14.  Tryout for an extra on a TV show or movie - ouch back in the limelight.
15.  Go to the Grand Canyon - this is a gimmie as I plan to go soon.
16. Try a Vegan Diet for one week.
17. Put 40 flowers on random grave sites
18. Go see a play
19. Take a shot of pure liquor - I can't even imagine doing this. I will probably do this before I sing Karaoke!
20. Take a backpack trip - I have never done this!
21. Buy a stranger a drink
22. Go to a crowded place and stand on my head.
23. Go swimming in the fountains at Tech! I did this when I was coming off a break-up in college - CRAZY
24. Go Pair sailing - never even cared to try it
25. Read the entire manual to the camera my husband bought me for my 40th birthday
26.  Send 4 random letters to people to let them know I think about them.
27. Take a pole dancing fitness class - OMG - I will need help from my friends with this one. 
28. Run a 5K officially under 22 minutes
29. Visit a Vineyard and sample the wine.
30. Go to a playoff game 
31. Visit Shelly and Cole 
32. Eat at a celebrity chef's restaurant
33. Send a get well package to someone
34. Update my resume - this should really be at the top!
35. Get a full body massage
36. Take a day off being mom and be a friend only to my oldest son. 
37. TBD
38. TBD
39. TBD
40. TBD


This list was very difficult to make. I have done so much in my life: skydiving, swim with sharks, swim with dolphins, rappelling, zip-lining, rock climbing, helicopter rides, cave diving, snow skiing, water skiing, jet skiing, visited countries, etc, etc

The list goes on.  Any friends willing to help me complete this?







No comments: