Sunday, December 14, 2008

Smart "Donkey"

Grant is a smart "donkey" if you know what I mean. Yep, I am calling hRemove Formatting from selectionim that! He has gotten very "smarty" with his words... Case in point, check out our conversation leaving school last week.

First off, I find out that he has been bad at school the past couple of days..... Wrestling with Steven, not listening (imagine that!), standing on furniture, singing or talking during nap time. Well, I was very angry... I had plans that night to take him to see Santa. His behavior ruined my plans!

So I get him in the car....

Me: Grant, I am very upset with you.

He shrugs...

Me: I was going to take you to see Santa tonight but since you have been so bad, I think we should go home instead.

Grant: I wrote Santa a note, I don't need to see Santa. It is all on my list.

Me: Well, we are going home and you are going to timeout.

Grant: Ok, I am tired anyway.. I think I would like some rest.

Ugh! Me: Ok, we will go home and you are going to get a spanking for being so bad. (I needed to bring him to his knees)

Grant: That is ok. It only hurts for a little bit.

Me: No more Christmas Specials until you get a good report.

Grant: Ok.. I don't need to watch them.

As you can imagine... I was about to lose it. How could I make the monstor feel guilty???

I don't know how I convinced him but the next day - we had no bad notes. And then, this weekend he has been GREAT. But one thing is for sure, my son is a smart "donkey", this I know.

No comments: