Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A New Kitty???

Did you know we have a cat? His name is Grant! Every evening our son turns in to a cat! It is pretty amazing to see this transformation. I say it is bed time and Grant looks at me and says "Meow". I say "Ok Kitty let's get in bed". The great thing is kitty can't talk or complain about going to bed. The kitty is much faster at getting ready for bed than our son Grant. So I don't fight the kitty transformation. The bad part is kitty can't change in to pjs or brush his teeth. "Meow....kitty don't have hands mommy!" So I have to change his clothes, brush his teeth for him, and wash his face. I know I probably shouldn't cave and do these things for kitty/Grant but I'm telling you kitty is so gooooood about going to bed, it is worth it. If Grant needs to be kitty to get to sleep, than so be it. So after I get him dressed and ready for bed, I ask kitty to get in the crate. Kitty jumps in to his crate (bed) and then, I read to the kitty. This kitty is one of the few cats that enjoy being read to.. Sometime during the night our kitty transforms back to a little boy and is ready to start a new day when he wakes up... But I know that our kitty will be back the next night.

1 comment:

Kristi Keable said...

this is so funny - caroline is obsessed with being a kitty too?? We don't even have friends or family with cats, so I'm not sure where the interest in being one stems from...maybe it's because we all have dogs and cats are mysterious?