Monday, March 09, 2009

Planting....

It is that time of year again...I feel the urge.... I know better than to go an buy plants... but I do feel the urge to dig up weeds, rake, hoe, and get my soil prepared. I wouldn't plant any annuals until mid to late April. I learned my lesson years ago. I now watch other neighbors make the same mistake.

But really, should I plant this year? So many reasons why I shouldn't 1. We are still in a drought.... so many plants the last two years have been lost with water restrictions 2. We don't need to be spending the money. 3. I shouldn't do all that extra work.... I am known to over do it - I get out side and start working and I go hours with out anything to drink or eat. I also don't take breaks. I was 26 weeks pregnant when I decided to plant azalea bushes in my front beds.

But the urge is still there...I am fighting it. My yard is nothing but flower beds- no grass really... It will look like crap if they lay fallow. Maybe I can buy blinders so I can walk in and not look at it. Planting is a bad idea... wish my mother lived closer... *sigh*

2 comments:

Reba said...

Heather :) you make me smile. No, you aren't allowed to garden this year. As your internet friend and in the interests of helping to make sure you take it easy, I forbid it!

Dottie said...

Hey I wish I lived closer also.You know if the spring comes in wet I will come and plant for you. But you know they make a spade just the right size for Grant and I know he would love to help Mom.
I hope you feel better. I love you
MOM