I looked at him and said You want to go peepee in the potty?
He grunted at me and tensed out his arms (this is how he talks). I took that as a yes.
He removed his diaper himself and tried to sit on the baby potty. I had to help him. He is only 14 months and the potty is kind of big.
He grabbed his parts something fierce (doesn't that hurt?) and jerked it a couple times. And peed.
He looked at me and clapped.
Wow! Of course I called the whole family in to celebrate. Good job Miles.
Being the experienced mom I am, I know this means nothing.
Grant peed on the potty almost every night before he took a bath (Pavlov's dog). I turned on the water, he sat on the potty, he peed. Grant was not potty trained until he was over 3 years old. And sometimes now, I wonder if he was potty trained at all. He doesn't do a good job cleaning is all I can say.
But this was different (Miles has gone potty for me before - using the same approach as we did Grant). He took off his diaper after I asked him... he tried to sit on the potty.... he was not getting ready for a bath... and no running water.
He is behind in the language department.... But you can give the kid a juice box and it's straw, he will put the straw in and then he drink the juice box. Don't think about putting the straw in for him. He will throw himself down like you have hurt him. He understands a lot more words than I think Grant did at this time. Unfortunately, he just grunts to us back.
2 comments:
way to go miles!!
i haven't even attempted anything with potty training yet. naomi always poops in the corner behind our big comfy chair. i guess when we get a potty i will put it there first so she'll maybe sit on it while she poops in her diaper. it would be a start.
for naomi her language seemed to come all together at the same time, maybe a little late (who knows). she has little language explosions every now and then and now she talks a lot.
That's impressive!! Wish I could say the same about Oliver, I fully expect that he won't be trained until 2 1/2-3 years like the other boys!
Post a Comment