Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Milestones



Unrelated Photo

Last night, I came home to the daunting task of getting dinner ready for the kids. Daniel didn't get home until late. Getting home after six and trying to get dinner on the table within the hour is always stressful. But now, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It is going to get better.

Because last night as we got home, both of my boys went in to the playroom and they stayed there until I called them to dinner.

AWESOME

I didn't hear grunting and didn't feel the familiar tug of my pants leg. I didn't have to look down to the baby and see "feed me momma" in his eyes. That makes me rush and always makes me anxious. Doing the best I can sweetheart.

I also didn't hear "mommy, I am hungry. What can I have to eat?" "Can I have breakfast bar?" "I don't want fruit. I want something else."

All I heard was giggles from the playroom and quiet from my kitchen.

I had to check on them a couple times. I had to go in incognito. If Miles saw me, all bets would have been off. For the most part, they were playing...together...awwwww.
But I saw things too that scared the beegezus out of me. I saw Miles stack up blocks on the side of the wall so he can climb up them and move the picture hanging above him. And.. I saw him hold the phone for his brother so Grant can take it apart. Grant now has an accomplice. I assume it is only going to get worse.


No comments: