Sunday, November 21, 2010

Technology and Boys

I am totally worried about the effects of technology on my boys.

I am scared to death to update our household to include video games.

I LOVE how Grant can focus for hours on something (he has been playing with Legos by himself for almost two hours now).

I know that my boys are missing out on some important skills to be learned by video games.

I have seen very smart boys/men that could not leave their dorm rooms because they were in a middle of a game even for a test. These same boys/men graduated valedictorian of their high school class.

Just maybe, if we hold off as long as possible, the boys will succeed in school while other smarter kids are too distracted by their video games.

I think women will rule this country because they will have gained the necessary social interaction while boys become addicted to their gadgets and video games.

I am not ready for technology here. I say this after my 5 year old ask for a 3D TV for Christmas.

I am very happy my husband feels the same way.



1 comment:

Molly said...

Joseph has been bugging us for a DS for a year now but we refuse too, we are the only family I know that doesn't have a WII! :-)