Thursday, November 04, 2010

Country Living

A couple weeks ago, we went camping.  A couple days later, I had an interesting conversation with Grant.

Grant – “Mommy, I want to move to the country!”

What?? My heart almost stopped.  We live downtown.  We live in the city.  We live near cafes, parks, the zoo, and museums.  Why would he want to live in the country?

Heather - “Why do you want to live in the country?”

Grant - “So we can go camping all the time!”

Heather - “Grant we probably camp more than most country folks.  I lived in the country and we hardly ever went camping. Living in the country does not ensure more camping trips. Plus, you wouldn’t be able to walk to school, walk to the zoo, go out to eat as often as we do, or play with kids who live right beside you.”

Grant - “I like where we live.  Maybe we should just go camping more.”

He went camping at least 3 times last year. 

DSC00316 

 

DSC00329

 

The country sure is beautiful!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw so cute!

I live in the country, it's fun till you hit about age 12/13 then it's boring! haha

Unknown said...

That should say "lived" now we live in a San Diego suburb and I wouldn't change it for the country ever!