Sunday, January 23, 2011

9 Years & Counting

This week Daniel and I hit our 9 year wedding anniversary.

Wow! Time is flying. 

In 9 years,

we have had four pregnancies,

two babies, bought a house with a picket fence, got two dogs, dealt with infertility,

learned what recession means, pretty much done it all.

In 9 years, my husband has taught me how to accept people for who they are.

In 9 years, he has taught me to forgive and to love.

In 9 years, he has taught me a lot about being humble.

In 9 years, I have fallen more deeply in love with this man. 

When friends of his found out about our engagement, I would get things like

You are very lucky.

Daniel is going to be very good to you.

He is going to make you happy.

At the time, I thought to myself,  Daniel was lucky that he got me.  Why does his friends not see that?

I had no idea that I was marrying such a great person.  I know that now.

I never doubt his love.  I never doubt his loyalty.  I never doubt his goodness.

I now understand why all his friends told me how lucky I was going to be. 

Gosh, I now know that Daniel wasn’t the lucky one.. I was the lucky one.  I got a good GREAT man. 

God is Awesome!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Happy Anniversary!!