Saturday, January 29, 2011

Run...

This week I started training for a 10K. I haven't ran that much since high school. Let's hope I have it in me. (don't worry I do).

I have a 10 week plan to get ready...
Monday and Wednesday - I will do a weight's class.
Tuesday - I will do a slow and steady run increasing my distance from 3 miles to 7 miles (this will be my hardest run - I don't run slow - I am impatient). (12 minute miles - really I have proven that I can walk a 12 minute mile - it is uncomfortable but I can do it).
Thursday - I will do sprint repeats. This for me will be my easiest day. Run fast and get it over with.
Friday - Off
Saturday - I will run a faster run (9 minute miles). Starting at 3 miles today and by the time of the race running 6 miles.
Sunday - Off

Ok, I put it out there on the net. No backing out of this now. In April, I will run a 10 K. I think Grant is going to run the one mile fun run again.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm with ya! And thanks for the inspiration and support! Heather

Becca said...

I know you can do it!! Which 10K did you pick?