I pick up Miles first from his school.. then, I go to Grant's school.
I tell Miles to look for Grant. He frantically looks around the lunchroom. He looks everywhere....
And he finds him and runs over as fast as he can and points.
See Momma, there is brother... there is my brother right there. (Miles doesn't talk though...I can see it on his face).
Grant gets down on his knees and hugs Miles tight. Can I get an "awwwww"?
Then on the way home, Grant keeps hugging and kissing Miles (at this point Miles has had enough).
Heather - "Grant, leave your brother alone."
Grant - "I can't mommy. He smells so good and his skin is so soft. I have to kiss him."
My chest is not large enough for my swelling heart!
Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. The real milestones are less prepossessing. They come to the door of memory unannounced, stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and simply never leave. Our lives are measured by these. Susan B Anthony
1 comment:
So sweet Heather and what a beautiful quote!
Post a Comment