Sunday, January 04, 2009

In with the New, Out with the Old!

Literally. Daniel and I are on a mission. I am working on painting the playroom..... Which is very difficult with old plaster walls. One wall took a whole gallon of primer.... And lots of repairing cracks. I tried to ignore them and just paint over them but I couldn't. The plaster was coming off in my paint roller. We plan on putting up dry wall once we make the house single family so the painting is just temporary. So I get to repair cracks and then sand them down (but not too much because our plaster is rough finish). Then prime the heck out of it!!! After three days (working at least 6 hours each day), I couldn't even move my arms. I have to prime and repair three more walls, paint the ceiling, and the paint the room for real!

Daniel is putting a ceiling in our mud room. He is also doing lots of wiring. He has been working for about 4 days straight, about 8+ hours a day. He hasn't gotten to the ceiling yet. Mostly been working on the wiring.

Bob the Builder (aka Grant) is keeping us in check.... He came over to see what I was doing with taping the floor. The next thing I noticed was that he had made a 2 ft x 4 ft rectangle filled in with blue tape. Yep, the expensive blue painters tape. He informed me that I was doing it wrong because we had to cover the whole floor. He thinks I should cover the entire playroom floor with blue tape. He also lets Daniel know what he is screwing up (or what in his mind he thinks he is screwing up). He has paint stuck in his hair...he has been carrying Daniel saw and asking me what can he cut. "NOTHING....Give that back to your Dad!"

Anyway, the next month promises to be hectic for us. Does anyone want Bob the Builder to come over for a sleep over? We could use a couple Saturdays free of him. I never offer my kid up to spend time away from me... but I sure could use some help right now!

I will try and post the "before" pictures soon. Don't you wish that cameras had blue tooth technology that would talk to your computer when in the vicinity and down load to the appropiate files? I sure do!

No comments: