Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Smarty Pants...

Yep, another Grant conversation..

Three nights ago when we were in Disney, Grant woke up and whispered across the room that he wanted some water. I get up and give him some water and took away the cup. He wanted it on the nightstand but I was afraid he would knock it off onto the pack-n-play where Miles was sleeping. So I took it away and told him he could get it off the mini fridge. I laid back down. Then, he got up and went to the bathroom and locked the door. This was all strange behaviour for Grant (he never goes to the bathroom at night and he never shuts the door). I get back up and knock on the door.

Grant: "Bathroom is occupied."
Heather: "Grant, open the door." He does. "Are you okay?" He looked like he was done and he said "yes mommy I just needed to go to the bathroom" and he gives me an exaggerated sigh.
Heather: "Ok, hurry up." So I go back to bed and he shuts the door again and locks it. Whatever... I am too sleepy...
I fall asleep probably as soon as my head hit the pillow and I hear Grant whispering.
Grant: "Mommy, mommy, mommy."
Daniel: "What is it Grant?"
Grant: "I am not talking to you Daniel. I am trying to talk to Mommy."
Heather: "What Grant?"
Grant: "The bathroom is now available."
Heather: "What????"
Grant: "The bathroom is now available. That meeeeaaaans that you can go to the bathroom if you need to go."
Heather: "Huh?"
Grant: "Go to the bathroom."
Heather: "Grant, I was just checking on you. I don't need to go. Get back in bed please."

He gets in bed and I am dying laughing in to my pillow. What a smarty pants! I was telling Daniel the parts he missed and we both were laughing. I was scared I would not be able to go back to sleep because I was laughing so hard. He will be 5 years in Feb.

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is too funny!! I don't know how you keep a straight face around him when he's pulling stuff like this...I couldn't for sure!!