Saturday, December 18, 2010

Confusion

dreidelcartoon

When Grant was younger, he went to school in a orthodox Jewish building.  He learned quite a few Jewish traditions.   One thing he really picked up was the Dreidel Song and playing with Dreidels for Hanukkah.   Last year, his newer school talked about all the different holiday traditions including the Jewish holiday Hanukkah.  Last year for Christmas, my friend Mike bought Grant a Disney Dreidel.    Perfect gift too.. Right before we went to Disney World. 

This year in Kindergarten,  Grant has a Jewish teacher.  She also talked about her Jewish holiday Hanukkah.  The kids in his class got to play with Dreidels.   Grant comes home talking about them.

Grant on numerous occasions – “I want a Dreidel.”

Daniel and I on numerous occasions - “You have a nice Dreidel.”

Grant – “It is too big.  I want the smaller kind.”

So after seeing Santa last week, Grant brought up Dreidels again.  “I told Santa I wanted a Dreidel.”

Daniel –“Should I be worried that he asked for a Dreidel for Christmas??”

Me –“Hahahahahaha!”

No comments: