Good news and bad news.
Good news first! - The baby looks great. He was kicking up a storm and moving all over the place. Nothing showed on any birth defect markers. We were not able to get a look at his lip or palatte so she wasn't sure about cleft palate/lip.
I am 21 weeks today. He weighs over 15 oz. He looks perfect and I think his profile is different from Grant but who knows, I am no ultrasound expert. Oh, and he is still all boy. I have gained 10 lbs since my 17 week visit and the doctor was very happy with that. Oh, and I get to see the baby a lot more (via ultrasounds).
Bad news next! At 13 weeks, my cervix measured 5 cm thick. At 19.5 weeks, my cervix measured 3.7 cm thick. Now, it measures less than 3 cm. All this talk about me not having to go on bed rest stopped short when she saw this. And, she felt me contract while she listening to heartbeat. So, she looked at me and said "I want to send you to the hospital to be monitored for contractions.
Me - "Please don't do that.... I know I contract.... I know when I contract... I am not ready for this right now. Work with me please. I need to work - this is not a good time. I will lay down. I will start lying down during my lunches at work. I will rest this weekend. I made it full term with Grant."
Doctor - "Hmm, well you are not less than 2.5 yet - that is our marker. Ok, take it easy this weekend. Lie down morning and evening for 2 hour stretches. Go to work and lie down for 2 hour stretches there - do your work while lying down (well, that is not going to happen -- but I can lie down an hour for lunch). I will see you again one day after a work day - so Tuesday. If your cervix has shortened more then we will have to talk about other measures until you are 24 weeks and we can do the fFn test."
So I go in on Tuesday. Please pray that it hasn't gotten shorter. My family needs me to work right now - we know that the baby will make it to the end - we have Grant as proof. This whole thing just makes me tired. And as Scarlett says, "I will think about it tomorrow!"
1 comment:
Heather, hi, it's the worrywart here. Please do what they say. I thought you were supposed to start lying down during lunch breaks at like 17 weeks. I really hope your cervix hasn't gotten shorter but please take it easy!
Post a Comment