Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Hand Held Drill???

On Sunday afternoon, the whole family decided we would take a nap. Well, Grant decided he would skip that and do something else. When I woke up, I noticed that Grant had been up and doing work.. He does these art projects that he calls work that usually involve cutting, coloring, and gluing. I call them a mess. I swear that kid spends most of his time making a whole bunch of little papers where I have to pick them up all over the house.

Anyway, back to the story, I woke up saw some pink paper on my desk so I threw it away. I mean come on, I am not that bad of a mother but this kid makes us so many gifts a day and that doesn't include what he brings us home from school.

And, later that evening, here is our conversation:

Grant: What happen to my project?
Heather: I threw it in the trash. I didn't know it was a project (I didn't even look at it).
Grant: Whyyyyy Mommyyyyy? I made just for you. You need a drill. I even made it pink, uh, purple because girls like pink and purple. Why do they like pink or purple?
Heather: I am sorry that I threw it away. I didn't know! Can you go it for me? It is in the paper trash.

He gets this paper and then explains to me that here is a drill with a drill bit and a round part that holds the drill bit (chuck). Ok, I am not the bragging type of mother at least I try my best not to be. But this was pretty darn good. He came up with the idea all by himself, he cut it out in parts, and he glued it back together. Now, this may be normal for most 4 year olds and therefore I am putting my kid on a pedestal like I try my best not to. I only have one child so I can't really compare!

No comments: