Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Repeat U/S

Last week, I had another u/s to see if I had stabilized. I did, so the limited activity was working at least enough to not be on bed rest.

1. I am so happy I convinced the dr to not send me to hospital to be monitored. They would have seen that I contracted a lot and wanted to admit me until I reached 24 weeks and could take a fFn test.
2. I have rested whenever I could. I am not cooking a lot when I get home. I really just heat something up. We are using paper plates. Grant is helping out a lot. Work has been very accommodating to make sure I get some "rest" time.

Today, I had another U/S (Ultrasound). The doctor was very pleased. I am stabilized still and I am having a lot less contractions - which is a relief! So, she has a plan. She wants to see me in two weeks for another u/s. I am to still take it easy. I am to rest at lunch and after work. No going up and down the work stairs. Rest when possible at work. Take rest periods on weekends. Anyway, after two weeks, she thinks she can give me more freedom - like walking to the park again and going to lunch! Yay!

She really thinks if I do what she says that I might be able to skip the whole full time bed rest!! Yay!!!!! I am so freaking happy! So she plans to just monitor me more often to make sure that I am not overdoing it. I tell you what... rest is really not in my vocabulary. I go lie down at lunch and my foot is moving the whole time to nervous energy. Taking naps give me a headache. But I will do this minimal resting if she will keep me out of the hospital and off bed rest full time and most of all, off of that crack drug Terb!

Oh, baby is doing great! Of course, he is following his brother and his cousins (Reese and Luke) and is enjoying pressing his head right down on my cervix. We still can't get a good picture of his face - it is too low (to check for cleft palette). No, we still don't have a name - wonder how long we can call him baby? I now weigh 127 lbs! Getting up there!

1 comment:

Reba said...

excellent news heather! and you look amazing!! you're now UP to my pre-pregnancy weight... :P