Thursday, April 16, 2009

Really, I just swallowed a watermelon...

So last week, a coworker (J.) and I were having a conversation about how bad the recession is... this guy is close to retirement and he owns a bunch of houses.. I bet he is feeling the burn.

Anyway, he decides to ask me if me and my hubby were still trying to have a baby. Uh...I know that I didn't go around to everyone at work shouting out my pregnancy but come on... I look pretty pregnant - see picture on previous entry - that was two weeks ago. I, was like "J. um, you do know I am pregnant?" This guy sits across the aisle from me and he has been in my cube numerous times in the past week. He was very excited for me and wanted to know all the details but really I couldn't stop laughing. I just assumed by now everyone who sees me knows. Strangers ask me when I am due so I figured people who knew me would know! So then he asked me would I found out the gender? "J. it is a boy". He was impressed that I knew already. When I explained that I have been pregnant since Christmas, the light went on and he understood how I knew so soon.

Just goes to show you, I could go to work in my underwear...my coworkers would never notice! Which by the way is a good thing! That means I don't have to always look my best.

No comments: