I am sick to my stomach. I have been keeping up with the news about the abuse at a pig farm. Ugh! Last year, it was cows. I am DONE!!! That's it! No, I am not about to be a vegan nor am I ready to join PETA. But you have my promise, that I am going to take the following steps.
1. Get more wild game from hunters. I feel like wild game at least has a great life!
2. Buy more eggs, pork, and beef from my CSA. They are a little pricer with pork at $3.50 per lb and beef at $4.50 per lb but at least I know where it is coming from - Riverdale Farms. It is healthier for us anyway being that it is organic, hormone free, and free-roaming. Free-roaming along with wild game has very little bad fats and cholesterol. It is high in omega fatty acids - good fat.
3. Look for cage-free or free-roaming labels in the store. I just hope the companies are being truthful about this.
4. Do not concern myself with food I eat outside of my house. I am not going to ask every host that invites us to dinner if their meat is cage free. I am not going to limit my restaurant choices. We eat out usually only once a week.
I am not bothered that animals are raised for human consumption but I do believe that those animals should have a life with dignity, not pain and heartache... Would we treat our dogs the same way? Pigs are supposed to be more intelligent than dogs. I am just sick of it all! I am sick of seeing chickens and turkeys that can't walk. I can't look at another video of a cow being shoved around with a fork lift because it was never given the right to walk.
Ok, even if the pigs in this video were not tortured. Look at the cages... OMG! The freaking pigs cannot turn around. They sleep with their feet on the pig in the next cage. How can anyone work there without being sad? Maybe that type of work attracts the worst type of people.
The whole meat industry makes me sick to my stomach! Here is the link to the video (Pig Torture) I haven't watched the whole thing because it makes me cry. My greediness for cheap, tender meat cuts have contributed to this. I promise I will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment