Yep.. that's right I am going to talk sports.. Hehe..
Actually, I am upstairs on the computer while my boys discuss that Georgia-Alabama Football game. Weird... We don't discuss sports in this household.
Daniel actually knows a lot about sports. He reads the sports section and knows who are the upcoming freshman in College Football, which team is doing well in College Basketball, what team is doing well in the world of Soccer, who is doing well in bicycling, track etc. You get the point. But, we don't watch sports. We will watch it with others and use it for congregating. But we never turn on sports on at the K' household. It just seems like too much effort and time. Who has the time to watch your team every week? And don't get me started on baseball - your TV will never go off!!! We prefer to never turn our TV on! There are just too many things to do.. a walk to the park.. a good book that you are trying to read..even the internet.. Sports takes too much time.
Last week, we went to GA Tech Football game (GA Tech vs Miss State). Grant has asked to go, so we took him. This summer we went twice to a Braves Game - we even bought tickets once - something I said I would never do. My 3 year old sat still the entire game and asked "Why?" every time something happened. He did the same at the GA Tech Football game. He seems so interested in sports. He now is asking lots of questions about the AL-GA football game. I am sure that most young boys are like this but are they like this when their parents pay NO attention at all to sports? Do they sit still and watch for every little thing and then ask what happened? Grant seems to like sports regardless of his parents. If this is what he likes - we will support it! But I promise I will not spend every Saturday and Sunday glued to the TV. I have sit in an office all week and have only moved 10 feet or so to go potty. I need to get rid of my energy in form of exercise....
One thing is that while being at the game last week, I remembered why I like college sports. It is fun.. No doubt about it! ACC Basketball rocks!! I totally miss that.. in fact, a year after Grant was born, I asked Daniel to get me tickets to Tech vs Maryland for my aniversary.. AWESOME GAME - but did I watch the rest of the season.. Heck no!! I don't have time to be glued to the tube... It is just mind numbing!!!
1 comment:
Hey I, can explain the love of sports it is the Dobbins genes.
My Grandfather James Grover Dobbins
was a baseball and football coach. And when he was older he ref basketball and umpired.And my dad Marcus Dobbins lived for the sport. I spent all summer of my youth a the baseball field watching my dad coach the same young boys from 6 to 16 and win state titles. Grant has the fever!!! also he really looks up to Reese his cousin and he plays a lot of sports.
Post a Comment