About the time Miles turned 4 months, feeding him was so sweet. He would look up in my eyes, run his fingers through my hair, and lovingly touch my face.
Fast Forward to today..
Today I have battle scars from feeding. He now tries to pull my hair out, insert his fingers in my nose, rip off my nose (or honk it), or scratch my cheeks.
Why? Is he trying to hurt me or he just being curious? I was never one to wean a baby. I let Grant wean himself from breastfeeding and wean himself from a bottle. He stopped breastfeeding at a year and stopped taking the bottle at 1.5 years (when he finally learned to use a sippy cup).
Miles knows how to drink from any cup.. straw, sippy, or just a plain cup. We might just have to take away the bottle. I don't know if my face can take much more bottle feeding. And that is just sad..My last baby, I wanted it to last a little longer. The cuddling and feeding.
4 comments:
I completely understand...Oliver was always hurting me when I nursed him! Last baby? :-(
Unless God has other plans, Miles is the last baby. I can't afford to mentally or financially go through infertility again. I am open to adoption but will not actively pursue it. If someone comes to me and says would you adopt my cousins baby, I will not even think twice. I just don't think I can go through the heartache of domestic adoption...where I wait for years to find out if I can be mom. I really do think God has some kind of plan when he made it so difficult to get Miles. Maybe he knows that I have my hands full with keeping up a household and work fulltime.
i still hold naomi and feed her bottles. ;) sometimes now she wants to hold it herself, i still snuggle her while she drinks her milk. she pinches me sometimes while she's drinking. OW! i'm sorry miles is your last. we've been talking lately about the fertility stuff and whether we want to try to have more children, but hubby's insurance recently changed and it has NO infertility coverage now, so we're kind of out of that game for now too.
i think that this is all in gods hands after 2 years of fertility pills i got you and without any help i got Rachael 3 years later. so never say never baby girl MOM
Post a Comment