Last month, I got to experience a couple of Mother’s Helpers. You know girls who like babies and want to help you take care of them.
Rylee was very serious about her job. She is two and still in diapers but felt that it was very important for her to feed the “baby.” She fed Miles three times that day and was around him most of the evening being “mama”. In my eyes, she is still “baby” too.. but I let her be “mama” because there is nothing more sweet than that!
Reagan also wanted to help and was very distraught and thought Rylee was going to feed the baby all of the milk. I had to keep reminding Reagan that Miles was actually Rylee’s cousin and this was important for their bonding. Grant actually thinks Reagan and her brother are his cousins though.. so I don’t know what Reagan believes. But she was very understanding and very sweet when she told me that was the first time she got to feed a baby and thank you very much!
The last 10 years have made me see girls/women in a different light (being that I work with all men). I have wanted little boy babies because really boys/men are simple creatures and are not complicated. I grew up with girls and have seen how women/girls can be…. I just knew life would be simpler with boys and I like my life to be simple…. This day though, I was reminded why I would want a little girl… Look at these pictures of these little girls nurturing. Boys don’t do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment